Need access to a photography studio? The Photography studio at the labs is available for member and non-member usage!
We also have a variety of photography equipment available for usage as well as a large shooting studio with a white backdrop. Renters that have experience with photography equipment will need to take a check out test for access to equipment - this test is an addition $20.00. Renters that just need access to the studio - NOT our photography equipment do not need to take a check-out test. Renters that don't have experience with photography equipment should take our 3 hour Photography Basics workshop!
If you are a current TXRX member, use of the photography studio and equipment is included with membership. If you'e not a current TXRX member, the rental fee is $35/hour. Payment must be completed prior to usage.
Studio rentals can be booked anytime during TXRX Labs open hours. TXRX does not permit boudoir or risque shoots. Smoking, illegal drugs and alcohol are not allowed on the property during studio rentals. Equipment can NOT leave the photo studio at anytime during the rental.
In order to rent the TXRX Photography Studio, please email: email@example.com the following information:
Short description of what your shoot entails. Please include the number of people utilizing the studio. The date/time that you're requesting to rent the studio Paypal email for payment [required for non-member usage only] If you plan to utilize TXRX photography equipment, you must complete a checkout prior to using the equipment. The one time check out is an additional $20.00. Please let us know what equipment you'll need to utilize - see list below.
Photography Studio Equipment
|Manfrotto 055MF3 Carbon Tripod||1|
|Bogen Tripod with Mounting Plate||1|
|Paul C Buff Lightstand||1|
|Sekonic Flashmate L-3085||1|
|Pocket Wizard Plus III||3|
|Nikon D300 with Charger, No Lens||1|
|Nikkor Lens AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm 1.8g||1|
|Nikkor Lens AF-S Nikkor 50 mm 1.4g||1|
|Hi-Trans Titanium Multicoated filter - 52mm||1|
|Hi-Trans Titanium Multicoated filter - 58mm||1|
|Alien Bees B800 320WS Photo Strobes w/Cords and Case||3|
|85W 5500K Photofloods||2|
|Blankets: black, grey x 2, red, blue,||5|
|Paul C. Buff 47" Octabox||1|
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates on events, workshops, studio tips + tricks, member spotlights and more.Sign Me Up!
About TXRX Labs
Established in 2008, TXRX Labs is a non-profit hackerspace for the greater Houston area. Housed in the East End District, we offer courses in and access to our rapid prototyping lab, woodshop, machineshop, electronics lab, and a wide variety of other tools. Our goal is to educate the public about technology and show how seemingly complex techniques can be used by anyone. If you like what we do, please donate.
This Week at TXRX Labs
- 04/30 - Jewelry + Metals: Soldering Basics
- 04/30 - Screen Printing Basics
- 04/30 - Ceramics II: Slab Construction
- 04/30 - 3D Printing: FORM 2 SLA Printing
- 04/30 - Costuming: Intro to Thermoplastics
- 04/30 - TXRX Labs Member Meeting
- 04/30 - Office Hours
- 05/01 - Art Annex Studio Hours
- 05/01 - Conference Room reserved
- 05/02 - Welding Workshop Closure
- 05/02 - Electronics Studio Hours
- 05/02 - Office Hours
- 05/03 - Art Annex Studio Hours
- 05/03 - Office Hours
- 05/04 - Electronics Studio Hours
- 05/04 - Art Lab Studio Hours
- 05/04 - HEAA Meeting
- 05/05 - Office Hours
- 05/05 - Woodworking I: Woodshop Tools
- 05/05 - Friday Open House
- 05/05 - Friday Open House
- 05/06 - Woodworking I: Woodshop Tools
- 05/06 - 2D CAD/Drafting
- 05/06 - Art Annex Studio Hours
- 05/06 - Kombucha Beer, Quick Country Wine & Wild Homebrews
- 05/06 - Hand Tool Basics
- 05/06 - Houston Robotics Club
- 05/06 - 3D Printing I
- 05/06 - Hand Lettering 101
- 05/06 - Aluminum Anodizing