Raspberry Pi 101: Intro to Physical Computing
The Raspberry Pi, a tiny credit card sized $35 computer took the maker community by storm, and for a good reason! It allows anyone to learn programming and physical computing principles through fun, practical projects.
Over three weeks, you'll develop your knowledge of simple electronics, python programming, command line interface, and physical computing.
You will learn how to set up your Raspberry Pi's operating system in our computer classroom then at the comfort of your own home, and write your first program using the Python programming language.
By the end of this workshop you will have applied your newfound coding powers to a series of simple digital circuit challenges:
- controlling an LED light
- using a button press to control a simple circuit
- making a button and LED game
- reading data from a digital sensor to program the output
Your take home Raspberry Pi starter kit includes:
- Made in UK Raspberry Pi 3 (RPi3) Model B Quad-Core 1.2 GHz 1 GB RAM with On-board WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- 16 GB Micro SD Card that you have loaded with Raspbian
- USB MicroSD Card Reader
- 2.5A USB Power Supply with Micro USB Cable
- HDMI Cable
- LED kit
- Sensor kit
Previous programming experience helpful but not necessary.
This workshop is perfect for coders who would like to learn more about physical computing, educators who would like to bring physical computing into their classroom, and electronics enthusiasts alike.
* Fee Notes: includes Raspberry Pi kit