In a stroke of great luck, Mitsubishi Electric offered to repair the Meldas 330M controls on our Tree Journeyman 325 Knee Mill for free since we are a non-profit. After a super fast turn around time we have the unit in hand and the control processor is up and running. We have to rebuild the parameters but this is the type of thing we love. Hacking away at some machinery learning and making things work. The more the merrier on this project so if you always wanted to learn about 1986 CNC tech or the Meldas 330M =p come out and join us.
About TXRX Labs
Established in 2008, TXRX Labs is a non-profit hackerspace for the greater Houston area. Housed in the East End District, we offer courses in and access to our rapid prototyping lab, woodshop, machineshop, electronics lab, and a wide variety of other tools. Our goal is to educate the public about technology and show how seemingly complex techniques can be used by anyone. If you like what we do, please donate.
This Week at TXRX
- 05/30 - Tinker Time
- 05/30 - Houston Robotics Club
- 05/31 - Sunday Bike Ride
- 05/31 - Tinker Time
- 05/31 - Pancake Science Sunday
- 06/01 - Conference Room Reservation
- 06/01 - HHUG Meetup
- 06/02 - Team Delta Meeting
- 06/02 - 3D-Printing Interest Group
- 06/03 - Laser Cutter Hangout
- 06/03 - Etsy Houston
- 06/04 - HEAA Meeting
- 06/05 - Tinker Time
- 06/05 - Friday Open House
- 06/05 - Annual Etsy Houston Craft Party!
- 06/05 - Eco Friendly Cleaning Products: Pop Shop Craft Workshop at TX/RX Labs