Location 205 Roberts St. Houston, Tx 77003 monkey
TX/RX Labs is Houston’s Hackerspace. A project-based team of makers with backgrounds in the creative arts: electronics, metalworking, woodworking, rapid prototyping, computer science and security, screenprinting, fashion design, and even haute cuisine.
Visit us on Open House Fridays at 7pm to:
Visit with our members.
Learn about our upcoming classes and workshops.
See exciting technical demonstrations.
Share your own projects.
Enjoy some home cooking.
Discuss the latest developments in science and technology.
Hang out with a friendly crowd of technology and craft enthusiasts.
Our goals are to bring creative people together, to serve as an incubator for imaginative solutions for everyday problems, to make opaque scientific and technical concepts accessible to everyone through education, and to provide much-needed services to our community, made possible by the skills and passion of our membership.
How to Participate
Most of our events are open and available to the general public. Access to some of our lab space and tools is limited to our members who have undergone training in the safe use of our lab tools and safety equipment. Information on our upcoming events is available on our calendar.
You can become a member by coming to one of our Open House Fridays and telling one of our officers or directors that you want to be a member. The membership fee gets you access to tools, collective wisdom, and a racous list-serve! We have been known to stay late and turn the volume to eleven. We look forward to welcoming you to Tx/Rx Labs.
Why TX/RX Labs?
Imagine how much innovation could occur if the creative community in Houston had access to the tools and knowledge needed to bring its ideas to fruition. We believe that we must revive the tradition of design and manufacturing in America after decades of neglect and decline. Many of America’s greatest industries began in inspired moments in garage workshops. We hope to provide you with that workshop through our classes and other educational programs, collective wisdom, and lab space.
How to Help
Become a member. Our greatest resource is the diversity and creativity of our members, and we are always open to new perspectives and disciplines.
Volunteer! We need people to help spread the word about what we are trying to do. Email us at email@example.com
Make a cash donation.
Donate tools, computers, electronics. Have a tool you don’t use that often? We can use it!
Weekly photos can be found at http://www.meetup.com/TXRXLabs/photos/
Tx/Rx Labs Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/txrxlabs
Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org
205 Roberts St. Houston, TX 77003
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates on events, workshops, studio tips + tricks, member spotlights and more.Sign Me Up!
About TXRX Labs
Established in 2008, TXRX Labs is a non-profit hackerspace for the greater Houston area. Housed in the East End District, we offer courses in and access to our rapid prototyping lab, woodshop, machineshop, electronics lab, and a wide variety of other tools. Our goal is to educate the public about technology and show how seemingly complex techniques can be used by anyone. If you like what we do, please donate.
This Week at TXRX Labs
- 03/24 - Woodworking I: Woodshop Tools
- 03/25 - Green Living: Growing Herbs
- 03/25 - 3D Printing I
- 03/25 - Woodworking I: Woodshop Tools
- 03/25 - Vinyl Cutting with Vector Graphics
- 03/25 - Art Annex Studio Hours
- 03/25 - Houston Robotics Club
- 03/25 - Kombucha Beer, Quick Country Wine & Wild Homebrews
- 03/25 - Wood Shop Studio Hours
- 03/25 - 3D Printing: FORM 2 SLA Printing
- 03/26 - Leatherworking I
- 03/26 - Photoshop I
- 03/26 - Machine / Welding Shop Studio
- 03/26 - Screen Printing Basics
- 03/27 - Art Annex Studio Hours
- 03/27 - Wood Shop Studio Hours
- 03/27 - Conference Room reserved
- 03/28 - Ceramics Lab Closure
- 03/28 - Electronics Studio Hours
- 03/28 - Woodshop Basics: Tool Sharpening
- 03/28 - Welding II: Welding Shop Essentials
- 03/29 - Art Annex Studio Hours
- 03/29 - Woodworking I: Woodshop Tools
- 03/29 - Welding II: Welding Shop Essentials
- 03/30 - Electronics Studio Hours
- 03/30 - Art Lab Studio Hours
- 03/30 - Woodworking I: Woodshop Tools
- 03/30 - Machine / Welding Shop Studio
- 03/30 - Rapid Fab Studio Hours